Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 1024x768 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Joseph, born 30 June 1784, went with his brother John to Lancaster in 1797, passed the
greater part of his life in and about Mannheim, in Lancaster County, where he was much
respected. Much time was spent as a Mennonite minister. His children were Hiram
(born 6 Dec 1818, died in infancy), John Joseph (born 13 Feb 1820, died at age 3).
Josiah (born 16 Oct 1822), Elijah (born 12 Nov 1825, lived in
Dayton, Ohio, in 1933, son Wilbur linked to Wright brothers),
Hiram John (born 7 Nov 1928, possibly living in Mossilon, Ohio, in 1933), and
Joseph S. (born 6 Dec 1832)
- Elijah Landis,, born 12 November 1825 in Manheim, Lancaster County, PA; married in Montgomery
County, Ohio on 11 October 1859 to Susan Catherine (Kate) Hubley. Elijah died in Salem
(now Clayton) Montgomery County Ohio on 4 June 1906.
- Susan Catherine (Kate) Hubley, daughter of Frederick R. and Sarah Hubley, born 28 February
1839 in Mt. Joy, Lancaster County, PA. Married on 11 October 1859 to Elijah Landis.
The couple had at least one child, Wilbur E. Landis. Sarah died on 8 January 1893 in
- Wilbur Edwin Landis, born on 6 July 1862 in Salem (now Clayton) Montgomery County Ohio.
Married in Dayton, Ohio (Montgomery County) on 21 February 1899 to Mable Alice Rockfield.
Wilbur died 16 December 1934 in Dexter, Washtenaw County, Michigan. The couple had
at least one child, Mable Catherine Landis
- Mable Alice Rockfield, daughter of William W. and Catherine (Sprickler) Rockfield
- Mable Catherine Landis, married Edmond Travers Going, Sr. The couple had two children,
Betty Jane and Edmond Travers Going, Jr.
- Edmond Travers Going, Sr., married Mable Catherine Landis; no other data
- Edmond Travers Going, Jr. married Janet Grossman, with no children
- Betty Jane Going married LeRoy Steeb, having two children, Suzanne and Carolyn
- Carolyn Steeb (no middle name), born 25 May 1945, married William Nuber, Jr. The
couple had no children
- Suzanne Steeb (no middle name), born 2 March 1940, married Thomas Franklin Spiess. The
couple have 3 children, Cathryn, Adam, and Frann
- Thomas Franklin Spiess, born 28 January 1937, married Suzanne Steeb, having three children,
Cathryn, Adam, and Frann
- Cathryn Jane Spiess, born 1 July 1970, one child Hunter Alan Spiess-Whitaker born
16 September 1996
- Adam Thomas Spiess, born 17 June 1971, married Michelle Renee Krull (born 17 Feb 1977),
the couple having one child Emma Mary Spiess (born 11 August 2004)
- Frann Theresa Spiess, born 31 May 1963, no other data
Information about the above Landis family members comes largely from Cathryn Jane Spiess of Ann
Arbor, Michigan. More information is probably available through the Mennonite Historical Society
in Lancaster, Pennsylvania