Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 1024x768 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Alexander Hamilton Allyn, born 1835, died 1913
- unknown : Jeanne Illian states (in July 2001) that Alexander
married twice, having a child Esther by one marriage (probably the first), and a
chilld Joseph by the other marriage. Jeanne Illian lived with the Allyns for a
period of her youth, and accompanied them to their L.A. home
- Mary Elizabeth Doolittle, born 1850, died 1939
- Joseph Pratt Allyn ("J.P."), born 1883, patriarch
of a wealthy Delavan family whose home was
in Delavan, Wis. Married Louise Landis having
one child (Josephine).Remarried but had no more children. I spoke with Ron Markwell,
one of two co-owners of the Allyn mansion (home of JP Allyn's
mother), who has a few pictures of this family, which apparently acquired its wealth
through the Hartford Insurance Company. These pictures were the collection of a Larry
Kirk, who is now dead but was interested in this family. According to Mr. Markwell,
Joe Allyn divorced Louise. Dorathy (Landis) McFarland, who spent
part of her childhood in the Allyn home, recalls Louise as "a hard cookie";
Joe's mother appears to have been a invalid. When Louise died in 1964, Joe Allyn
re-married to Eleanor Neilson, bearing no further children. Joe Allyn
died 26 February 1976, burind in Spring Grove Cemetery, Delavan, Wisconsin, section zero, block 532, lot 8..
- Esther (Allyn) Kellogg, half-sister to Joseph P. Allyn. Esther had at least one child, Ruth
- Louise Landis, born in June 1881 (from 1900 census, through Ancestry.com, listed as "Louise Sandis"),
married to Joseph Allyn, buried as "Louise L. Allyn" on 19 Feb 1964 in the Allyn plot Delavan, Wis. Louise had one daughter
Josephine, born about 1912 (listed as age 8 on 1920 census, family living in Delavan, Wis.). Josephine
married Samuel Young Ramage and moved to Oil City, Penn.
Dororthy (Landis) McFarland says (in 2000) that when she lived with Louise in Delavan about
1928, Josephine and her mother Louise liked parties. Joe Allyn's mother was an invalid. Joseph Allyn apparently divorced Louise and
remarried an Eleanor Neilsen. Both wives are buried with him at Spring Grove Cemetery, Delavan, Wis., section zero (old part), block 532, lot 8.
- Josephine Landis Allyn, born 1910, married Samuel Young Ramage and moved to Oil City,
Pennsylvania, where she had 3 children named Diane, Ruth, and Sandra. Josephine
was widowed, re-married, and widowed again, according to Jeanne C. (Landis) Illian in 2000.
Josephine died about 1970.
- Diane Ramage, born 20 Dec 1933, died abt 1996; married Richard Duane Erickson, with whom she had three children (Steve, Sindy, and Rick).
Re-married a Mr. Henderson and moved to Amelia Island Plantation, Florida, where Diane died in the early 1990's.
Of Diane's 3 children, only Sindy (living in Florida) has children of her own, as of December 2000.
- Ruth R. Ramage, born 18 Dec 1935; married William Russell, still lives in Nicholasville, Kentucky as of May 2001.
Tom L. McFarland spoke with Ruth in 2000 and 2002, who supplied information on her family. Jeanne Illian states (in 2001) that
Ruth was named after Ruth Kellogg, daughter of Esther (Allyn) Kellogg. Ruth died in July 2002 of a heart attack, a week
before she was to be videotaped by Tom McFarland.
- Sandra Saxon Ramage, born 27 Dec 1938; married Robert Ritchie McCormick, having 3 children, Robert Lee, Kari Lynn, and Todd Allyn.
; Sandra was murdered on 13 May 1977, whose assailant
then shot himself
Above data in part courtesy of Kari (McCormick) Valazza in June 2001, who became Kari Fong in 2005. Kari owns a copy
of a privately published volume Samuel Young Ramage (his family History and Autobiography) 1853-1940 which is
on file with the Oil City Pennsylvania library. Above information also in part courtesy of current owners of
the Allyn mansion, the home of Joe Allyn's mother.