Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 600x800 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Samuel Clyde Blair, married Phoebe Tiffany, died 19 Jan 1892, buried in Rosehill, in Chicago
(Sec 103, lot 89; Rosehill records state Samuel died at age 51, no specific date of birth,
thus born in 1840 or very early 1841),
with Calvin (died 18 April 1986), La Vergne (died 5 Jan 1988), and May June Hussey (born May June Blair, died 24 June 1970) also buried in this same plot.
- Phoebe Tiffany, married Samuel Clyde Blair, died 12 Aug 1926. Buried in Rosehill, in Chicago (Sec 103, lot 89).
- Ida Mary Landis, born 16 Oct 1885 in Illinois [Mormon website says "born in Chillicothe, Ohio"].
The 1910 census information for her mother Alma implies Ida was alive.
Her picture is likely one of the unidentified images in either the Cox Album
or the Hannah Landis Album. Her obituary names 3 sons, Clydes S. Jr., Landis, and
Calvin Edmund, but does not name her surviving husband, Clyde S. Blair Sr, from whom she
had been recently divorced (according to Gordon Blair in 2002). Her mother's obituary in 1926 does not mention Ida.
Rosehill cemetery records show Ida died 24 Nov 1922, buried in Hannah Landis Plat.
- Clyde S. Blair Sr, born 1883-4, was discovered when (in 2002) Rosehill cemetery
records revealed who was buried in a 10-grave plat owned by Hannah Potter Landis. Ida is buried
there with her father, under the name Ida L. Blair. The obituary of Ida Blair
refers to sons Clyde S. Jr., Landis, and Calvin Edmund. Clyde Blair Sr. died 13 Jan 1956,
buried in Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago, with other Blairs. The 1920 census soundex for
Cook County, Illinois, announces data for Blair family in Vol. 95, E.D. 1497, sheet 3,
line 35. The soundex itself lists
- Clyde O. (or D.?) age 36 born in Illinois (1884) 7717 Sheridan Rd.
- Ida L. age 34 born in Illinois (1885)
- Clyde O. (or D.?) Jr. age 14 born in Illinois (1906)
- Landis (son) age 8 born in Illinois (1912)
- Calvin E. age 5 born in Illinois (1915)
After the death of Ida, Clyde Sr re-married to Ruth Yllander, bearing one son, Gordon,
who is living in Boynton Beach, Florida, in May 2002
- Ruth Yllander, married Clyde S. Blair and bore one son Gordon. Ruth died 15 April 1979,
according to Gordon Blair, and is buried with her husband's family in Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago.
- May June Hussey, sister to Clyde S. Blair Sr, died 24 June 1970, buried in Rosehill cemetery
- Frank R. Hussey, born about 1876, husband to May June Blair; they had two children (Frank R. 2nd
and Lois May). Frank died 17 January 1930 at age 54.
Information about the Blair family comes from Gordon Blair in May 2002. Also
useful were cemetery records from Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago, and obituaries of
Clyde Blair Sr, his youngest son Calvin, and the husband of Calvin's step-daughter,
Richard Manahan of Canton, Ohio