Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 600x800 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Edmund M. was born 4 Oct 1846 in
Maryland (also see ), died 14 Dec 1902. Called "uncle Ed" by Adele Landis in 1964.
The new (in 2001) Mormon CD lists this person as Admund M. Landus, and the US 1880 census
lists him as "Doctor", name spelled correctly : see wife below. The
obituary of Edmund M. Landis states that he "leaves a
widow and 2 daughters" ; however, census records reveal a son Edmund Robinson, and
a daughter Ida Mary (see wife Alma below). Mormon records give the exact birth dates for
these children. Mormon records also claim Edmund married Alma Moore on 06 Dec 1877 in
Chillicothe, Ohio. Buried in Rosehill, in Chicago.
- Alma Moore, age 27 years in 1880 (Illinois census, reel T9-0197,
page 107D), wife of Edmund M. Landis, born in Ohio. No children listed in 1880 ;
in 1900, Alma and husband Edmund M. listed as living with daughter Ida (born Oct 1885 in
Illinois) and son Edmund R. (born Sept 1887 in Illinois), and two 26-year-old
european-born people (servants?). Husband Edmund died in 1902, and in the 1910 US census,
Alma is listed as having given birth to 5 children, of whom two survive in 1910, and she
is listed as living with 22-year-old son Edmund R. (but not Ida) at 939 Evanston Avenue
(possibly rented) ; the son Edmund R. listed his trade as "advertising", and
business as "newspapers". This conflicts with the claim of leaving "a widow and 2
daughters" in Edmund M. Landis' obituary. Alma's parents
both came from Ohio . Roland and Hannah could not be located in the 1880 Illinois
census. Alma's obituary gives her death date as 15 Oct 1926,
and mentions her late husband and son, but not her daughter Ida ; Ida's fate was
revealed when Rosehill Cemetery in Chicago named "Ida Blair"
as buried with her father Edmund and others in the Landis plot. Rosehill lists Alma as buried in
Sect. 118, lot 51, sublot 5, grave 1
- Ida Mary, born 16 Oct 1885 in Illinois [Death Certificate
says "born in Chillicothe, Ohio"]. The 1910 census information for her mother Alma (see
above) implies Ida was alive. There are 2 possible adult photos.
Other pictures may be one of the unidentified images in
either the Cox Album or the Hannah
Landis Album, since her brother is pictured in Hannah's album.
Her obituary names 3 sons, Clyde S. Jr., Landis, and
Calvin Edmund, but does not name her surviving ex-husband, Clyde S. Blair Sr., from whom
she was recently divorced (according to Gordon Blair in 2002). Ida's
Death Certificate states she committed suicide on
22 Nov 1922.
Her mother's obituary in 1926 does not mention Ida.
Rosehill Cemetery records show Ida buried in Hannah Landis Plat.
- Edmund Robinson Landis, born 12 Sept 1887 in Illinois [Mormon website
says "born in Chillicothe, Ohio"], became newspaper advertiser in 1910. The Fullerton
Avenue Presbyterian Church in Chicago lists him as becoming a member by "prof" on
25 March 1900. The 1920 census shows
Edmund R. (age 32) married to "Aimee" (age 29, born Aimee C. Rowe in Pittsburg,
Pennsylvania), both living with his mother (Alma, age 60) at 939 Buena Park Terrace in
Chicago (probably rented). Aimee Landis is listed in the Social Security Death Index
(SS# 289-38-2683) as born in Ohio on 29 Nov 1889, and
dying 2 Dec 1966 in San Mateo, California. A death
certificate (California #14978AA) and obituary for Aimee reveal that she lived in San
Mateo for only one year prior to death, that Edmund had died earlier, and that no
children or grandchildren survived her.
- Clyde S. Blair Sr, born 1883-4, was discovered when (in 2002) Rosehill cemetery
records revealed who was buried in a 10-grave plat owned by Hannah Potter Landis. Ida is buried
there with her father, under the name Ida L. Blair. The obituary of his wife
refers to sons Clyde S. Jr., Landis, and Calvin Edmund. Clyde Blair Sr. died 13 Jan 1956,
buried in Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago, with other Blairs.
- Ruth Yllander, born about 1903, the only child from her parents
marriage, though her mother had two daughters (Alice and Ethel) from an earlier marriage.
Ruth married Clyde Blair Sr about 1923 after the death of
Ida Blair. Ruth died in April 1979, according to Gordon Blair (by other accounts, 1977-1981).
- Clyde Samuel (2nd), Landis, and Calvin Edmund : the 1920 census soundex for Cook County,
Illinois, announces data for Blair family in Vol. 95, E.D. 1497, sheet 3, line 35. The
soundex itself lists
- Clyde O. (or D.?) age 36 born in Illinois (1884) 7717 Sheridan Rd.
- Ida L. age 34 born in Illinois (1885)
- Clyde O. (or D.?) Jr. age 14 born in Illinois (1906)
- Landis (son) age 8 born in Illinois (1912)
- Calvin E. age 5 born in Illinois (1915)
- Clyde Samuel Blair 2nd, born 1906, married Ethel Brinkmeyer, having 4 children
(Clyde Samuel 3rd, Herbert, Craig Frederick, Ethel). Worked for a newspaper in either New York City or
St. Louis, went to Culver City Military Academy in Indiana, and died in Boca Raton, Florida,
according to Karen Thompson in 2004.
- Ethel Brinkmeyer, married Clyde S. Blair 2nd, having 4 children. Ethel was alive in 1994
when her son Craig died. Kathy Dill writes (in September 2004)
"Ethel, wife of Clyde Blair, is my
father's sister. Frederick Brinkmeyer was born 07/24/1909 in St Louis, MO and died in
Cheshire, CT 09/26/1971. I believe Ethel and Clyde S 2nd died in Florida."
- Landis, born about 1912. According to Gordon Blair, Landis was
"a free spirit who did not do well in school, never married or had children.
Roamed the country on a motorcycle". According to Karen Thompson, Landis did
marry, but had no children.
- Herbert, died as a young man. No other data
- Calvin Edmund Blair born in Chicago, Illinois (according to Gordon Blair in 2002) in 1914, had
no biological children, but married late in life to LaVergne X. ; LaVergne had a daughter Joan
by a previous marriage. LaVergne died 5 Jan 1988, buried in Rosehill. Joan married Richard Manahan, and Joan died about 1996
Calvin died in Canton Ohio 19 April 1986,
and is also buried in Rosehill, Chicago.
- Gordon Blair, born 1924, living in Boynton Beach, Florida in 2002 ;
daughter Leslie Piercy living in Geneva, Illinois. Gordon recalls (in August 2002) being
occasionally visited by "aunt" Aimee and "uncle "Ed", who were about the age of Gordon's
father and were "short in stature and very jovial".
- Clyde S. Blair 3rd, born 1931. The Missouri Society of CPAs lists Clyde Samuel Blair 3rd as a
retired life member living (in Sept 2002) in the St. Louis suburb of Manchester (Ballwin?),
probably an eldest son of Clyde Samuel Blair 2nd.
- Craig Frederick Blair, born 8 May 1932, married Henriette Fischer, having children Karen
(born about 1962), Craig 2nd (born about 1964), and Andrew (born about 1966). Craig
died Saturday 2 July 1994, and is buried in Jefferson
Barracks National Cemetery in South St. Louis, as a result of serving in the Army during
the Korean War.
- Herbert Blair, born after 1932, died as a young adult
- Ethel Blair (younger), the youngest of her siblings, married Ron Boyce, with whom she raised two sons, Ted
(born about 1957) and Frank (born 1 April 1959). After Ron Boyce died, Ethel
remarried to a Bob Smith (noted in the obituary of her brother Craig). Ethel
had no additional children, and lives in Florida as of 2004
- Frank Boyce, born 1 April 1959, married a Mary X. having a daughter Brittany (born Dec 1988)
- Henriette Fischer, married Craig Blair (Sr) having 3 children (Karen, Craig 2nd, and Andrew).
As of September 2002, Henriette lives in Manchester , Missouri, but has thus far
declined to be interviewed.
- Andrew Blair, born 14 July 1964, married to another male, living in Canada. No children
- Craig Blair (younger), born 19 November 1962, married Carla Counts. This couple has
two daughters, Caitlyn (born Nov 1989) and Chloe (born 15 Sept 1998). The couple
lived in Saint Louis. In February 2004, shortly after a divorce, Carla died as a
result of an accident in San Antonio, Texas.
- Karen Blair, born about 1962, married John Thompson. This couple has a
daughter Rachel (born 1 June 1996), and lives in Oklahoma as of 2004, moving to Ohio about 2006.
Information about the Blair family from
 1880 US census ;  1900 US census ;  1910 US census ;  1920 US census (Cook Co. E.D. 1474 Sheet 2 line 7)
Information about the Blair family also comes from Gordon Blair in May 2002 and Karen
Thompson in October 2004. Also
useful were cemetery records from Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago, and obituaries of
Clyde Blair Sr, his youngest son Calvin, and the husband of Calvin's step-daughter,
Richard Manahan of Canton, Ohio