Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 600x800 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Per Adolf Carlson, born 19 May 1886 in Stussigen, Sweden, north of Göteborg, emigrating to America about 1906
at age 20. Married Signe Valborg Hendrikson on 10 January 1914 in Cokeburg, Pennsylvania, having two
children, Parry and Waldemar. Per Carlson worked as a coal miner in Cokeburg, later in the building
trades in New York, and later still, as a taxi cab driver, having purchased his own vehicle.
Per Carlson died 1954 in Astoria, Queens.
- Signe Valborg Hendrikson, birth year unknown, emigrated to America in about 1912. Married Per Adolf Carlson
on 10 January 1914 in Cokeburg, Pennsylvania, having two children, Parry and Waldemar. She was a
housewife all her married life, and was known as a good cook and baker. In 1956, soon after her
husband died, she travelled to Sweden with her granddaughter Cynthia. That same year, she moved
in with her son Parry and his family, in Union, New Jersey.
- Parry Johan Carlson, born 4 November 1914 in Cokeburg, Pennsylvania, married Hildegard Wanda Krauledies on
23 November 1939 in Newark, New Jersey; this couple had 3 children, Cynthia, Karen, and Parry Jr.
Parry worked for 45 years as a store manager for the Regal Shoe Company in various parts of the New York
area, for a long period heading the prestigious Times Square store. He was a big baseball fan. He and his
wife moved from Astoria, Queens, to St. Albans, Queens (1946) to Union, New Jersey (1956). They retired to
Cleveland, Ohio, in 1992 to be near their daughter. Parry died 3 January 2003 n Cleveland, Ohio, buried
9 Jan 2003 in Lakeview Cemetery, Cleveland.
- Hildegard Wanda Krauledies, born 30 July 1912 in Neustadt, East Prussia (Germany) near the Russian border;
her father was Robert Krauledies and mother was Augusta Kromfelz. She wasliving with her mother and
siblings when World War I broke out; her father was working in America. The family remained separated
even after the war since her brother and sister had US citizenship, but she had German citizenship. She was
fluent in German, French, English, and Lithuanian. In 1930, she finally travelled to America, passing
through Ellis Island. She married Parry Johan Carlson on 23 November 1939 in Newark, New Jersey;
this couple had 3 children, Cynthia, Karen, and Parry Jr. After marrying, she worked forr many years for
the Prudential and Chubb insurance companies, and was active in the Lutheran Church.
- Cynthia Valborg Carlson, born 20 August 1950
- Karen Edna Carlson, born 15 November 1943 in New York City
- Parry Johan Carlson, Jr., born 30 September 1946 in Manhattan, New York City
- Leona A. Pruszinski, born about 1917, married Waldemar Carlson , having one child (John Carlson)
- Waldemar Siegfried Carlson, born 14 January 1917 in New Castle, Pennsylvania; died 9 October 1996
in Astoria, Queens.
- John Peter Carlson, born in New York City (Astoria, Queens) on 20 May 1946; married Norita Reid
having 3 sons: Ryan, Brendan, and Neal
The above information supplied by John Peter Carlson in June 2009