Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 1024x768 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Caroline McFarland born 28 October 1868, emigrated to America
in 1892 (from 1910 US census), married in New York to John Reid in 1909 (from 1910 US census),
having a son John Henry Reid (Jack).
Caroline was bedridden for several years due to a broken hip, and was hospitalized with
"hardening of the arteries" prior to her death on Long Island in July 1953. She was 5'10" tall.
Caroline's birth registration is below. The original registration
looked nearly identical to that for sister Matilda : :
Birth register, Mormon Church microfilm #101177, vol.18, page 130; bottom of this
census-like page reads
"Samuel Phillips, registrar of births and deaths, of Ballygawley
in the Union of Clogher in the County of Tyrone....."
Date and place of birth
name and surname and dwelling place of father
name, surname, dwelling place, and maiden surname of mother
Rank or profession of father
Signature of informant
Twenty-sixth October 1868 Armaloughy :
Sadlier or Sadleir
Seventeenth November 1868
- John J. Reid, born about 1869 near Cloughmills in County Antrim, Northern Ireland
(this claim from granddaughter Norita Carlson, based on a claim that John was one year younger than his
wife, Caroline, whose birth date is known to be 26 October 1868, above). However, John Reid's WWI draft
registration gives his birth date as 13 October 1872, and his naturalization petition (dated 21 August 1894)
lists exactly the same birth date of 13 October 1872. There are various claims for date of emmigration:
Married Caroline McFarland in New York City in 1909. John J. Reid worked for Brooklyn Union Gas, later
called Con Edison. He died in New York City (Bronx) in 1953.
- 1877 (from 1910 US census)
- 1879 (from 1930 US census)
- April 1885 (from his 1894 naturalization record)
The Mormon FHL lists a birth of John Reid in Castlequarter, Antrim, Ireland (near Ballymoney) on 13 October 1872, father
John Reid, mother Mary O'Kane; the 1901 Irish census lists the family of John and Mary (Ann) Reid
in Ballymena, Antrim, with 4 children. These parents would have been age 21 in 1872 and hence qualify as
parents of John Reid, who would then have emigrated in 1885 at age 13, perhaps after a family dispute.
- John Henry Reid, born at home on 12 March 1909 in New York City, when his mother was 37
(according to his daughter Norita). His middle name may have been adopted later
in life. Married Mary Agnes Burke on 3 September 1938 in Manhattan, having three
children: Norita, Robert, and Patricia. Later
in life he married Annie (?), last name unknown, with no other children.
He was a civil engineer. John Henry Reid died 16 March 1997.
- Mary Agnes Burke, born December 1909, married John Henry Reid on 3 September 1938
in Manhattan, having three children: Norita, Robert, and Patricia
- Norita Mary Reid, born 16 March 1943 in New York City (Bronx), married John Carlson
in 1953 in New York City, having 3 sons: Ryan, Brendan, and Neal.
Norita lives in White Plains, New York, in October 2006.
- Leona A. Pruszinski, born about 1917, married Waldemar Carlson , having at least one child (John Carlson)
- Waldemar Siegfried Carlson, father of John Peter Carlson, son of Per Adolf Carlson
- John Peter Carlson, born in New York City (Astoria, Queens) on 20 May 1946; married Norita Reid
having 3 sons: Ryan, Brendan, and Neal
- Ryan Reid Carlson, born 1977, married in October 2006 to Aryn Fahey,
this couple having two daughters, Rachel and Avery.
- Rachel Ava Carlson, born 24 Jan 2008
- Avery Madelyn Carlson, born 18 December 2009, 6 pounds 7 ounces, 19 ½"
- Reid Carlson, born 2012
- Aryn Fahey, born 1976, married in October 2006 to Ryan Carlson.
- Brendan Carlson, born 1979, married in 2011 to Sarah Ill. This couple has a daughter Lana Celeste,
born 24 January 2014 in Manhattan (New York City), 5 pounds 13 ounces
- Neal Carlson, born 1982, unmarried in 2006
- Robert Reid, born 30 December 1946 in New York City, unmarried with no children
- Patricia Reid, born 4 December 1952 in New York City, married to Craig Winderman,
but later divorced. This couple has an adopted daughter Eliana but no
On page 332 of the book "Ulsterheart is described a farmer in Errigal Kerogue parish
named Joseph Reid, of Crow Hill, who refused to pay the fee charged for erecting a headstone and railing in the churchyard, and in spite of
warnings, the headstone remains in 1980, the closest one to the Vestry door.
The above information supplied by Norita Carlson in October 2006, and by Grace Wachowiak
in September 2006