Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 1024x768 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- John Edward Winter (father), born 6 October 1879 in North Collins
township, Erie County, NY. Occupation: dairy and egg farmer, producer of maple syrup, provider of
threshing and silo filling services. Married Florence Barbara Jones on 22 October 1902. Died 14 Oct 1942
in Langford, Erie county, New York, of stroke, cerebral hemorrhage. Buried in St. Martinís cemetery, Langford
- Florence Barbara Jones (mother), baptized 24 Sept 1881 in St. Martin's,
Langford, New York. Godparents John and Magdalena Degenfelder. Married on 22 October 1902 to John
Edward Winter in St. Martin's, Langford (they were the first couple married in this church). Died
20 Jun 1935 in Langford, Erie county, New York of cancer,
probably Hodgkin's disease. Buried in St. Martinís cemetery
- Mary Barbara, born 1904, married but no children, died 1998
- Martha Susan, born 1904, married with 2 children, died 1994
- Arthur John, born 1905, married with 4 children, died 1993
- Wilma Emma, born 1907, married Peter Kolz with 2 children, died 1984
- Elmer Francis, born 1909, married Ethel Weber with 2 children, died 1991
- Leo Joseph, born 1912, married with no children, died 1991
- Florence Agnes, born 1917, married
Richard Francis Gentner, having 8 children including
Donald Richard Gentner, who extensively researched his family history
and created a website dedicated to this research, from which this writer (Tom L. McFarland) has heavily drawn.
Don died on 12 June 2005 after a long struggle with brain cancer.
Don Gentner had 3 sisters and 4 brothers, including Gerald (1941-1941, died in infancy) and Audrey Elaine, born 1954.
Don Gentner's wife, Judith Stewart, was distantly related to President Franklin Pierce
- Jeannette Ruth, born 1923, died 1991
- Barbara Celine, born 1927, died 2000
Above information supplied by Don Gentner