Josephus X. van Thournout
Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 1024x768 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Severinus De Vos, born 24 Sept 1824, married to Pauline Coppers, died 30 Dec 1904
- Pauline Coppers, no data
- Hendrick De Vos, born 26 May 1857, married Mathilde van Thournout on 18 April 1887 (this date not
consistent with birth dates for Cyril and Achille below), died 22 Jan 1909
- Mathilde van Thournout, born 10 May 1858, married Hendrick De Vos on 18 April 1887, no death date
- Josephus X. van Thournout, married Eugenie de Weerdt, no other data
- Eugenie de Weerdt, married Josephus X. van Thournout, no other data
- Cyril De Vos, born 1880
- Achille De Vos, born 1885
- Cèsar Oscar De Vos, born 25 February 1889; married Mary Strobbe, having 2 children,
Medard (= Maynard) and Margaret
- Medard Joseph De Vos, born 17 March 1890 (from SS death index). Original first name was "Medard". In 1920
married Marie Marina Tack who bore him a son George. Medard
remarried late in life to his first cousin Madeleine van Thournout with whom he had no
other children ; Joe died December 1974 in Ben Lomond, California; he is buried near there. Possible early photo
- Madeleine van Thournot, born 25 Feb 1904 (mother was Marie Bonamie), married her cousin Joe (Medard) De Vos in later life,
with whom she had no children. As of October 2005, Madeleine was nearly blind, living in a nursing home near
Santa Cruz, California, but could relate to visitors for a few minutes each day. Madeleine died of a heart attack
on 3 December 2005, about 2 months shy of her 102nd birthday. videos available
- Maria De Vos, born 16 October 1891
- Bertha De Vos; George De Vos (in July 2000) suggests that "Bertha" may be the same as "Rachel".
In this case, Rachel (= Bertha) had a daughter Georgette who
married a Robert Ost
- Maria Magdalena De Vos, no data
- Maria Ghislena De Vos, married Renè Algoet, having one son
Etienne Algoet. Renè had a daughter
Adriana Algoet from a previous marriage. Etienne married Shirley
X. but later divorced without children. Etienne died before 2000
in El Cajon, California. Adriana married a Mr. Quintelier, having 2 sons (one Bruce Quintelier)
- Irma De Vos, no data
- Oscar De Vos, born 9 June 1900 (from SS death index). The 1930 US census
states that Oscar emigrated to the US in 1923; passenger lists record his arrival in New York on
5 October 1923 from Southampton aboard the Mauretania, born in Zeveren, Belgium. Oscar married
Mary Pattyn in 1925 after being introduced to her by his brother Joe (Medard).
Oscar and Mary had a child Delores. Delores married a Mr. Dwyer. Oscar DeVos died 11 November 1989.
- Mary Pattyn, born 12 August 1907, emigrated to the USA in 1912 (1930 US census), married to Oscar DeVos in 1925. Mary's father
(Adolf Pattyn) had a sister Philomena, who married Josephus Strobbe.
Mary Pattyn died 28 April 1999 in Tempe, Arizona. Mary had a brother Emil
- Achilla De Vos, born 27 February 1902
The following children of Hendrick De Vos came to USA: César, Medard,
Oscar, Maria Ghislena
The above information from personal interviews with George De Vos in 2001,
Marge Martin in 2003, email from Louise Bartnicki in 2007 and 2011 , the 1930 US census,
and the SS death index.