Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays at least 600x800 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Thomas Landis McFarland, born 21 March 1937 in Milwaukee
Hospital on Vliet Street, spent his childhood in Wauwatosa (suburb of Milwaukee), obtained his MS degree
in Mathematics from UW-Madison, briefly taught at Smith College (Massachusetts) and University of
Hartford (Connecticutt), married Susan M. De Vos in Madison, Wisconsin, on 15 Feb 1985. Legally separated
(but remaining married) on 5 December 2005. As of February 2012, Math Professor at Univ. of Wisconsin in
Whitewater; an avid swimmer and author of this digital family album.. One daughter Diana born 19 October 1986 Videos available (CD only)
- Susan Marie De Vos , born (a breech baby) on 30 December 1953 in Nagoya,
Japan, while father was on a Fulbright fellowship ; research scientist at the
Center for Demography and Ecology at UW-Madison (Wisconsin). Married on 15 February 1985
to Thomas McFarland. Legally separated (but remaining married) on 5 December 2005. Susan
suffers from a form of ataxia called OPCA, which restricts her to
a wheel chair. Susan's ataxia was tested for known genetic bases in August 2009 by Dean Clinic,
and none was found. No other family members suffer from this condition.
Videos available (CD only)
- Thomas Gene Robbins, born 19 Octoer 1958 in Iowa Falls, Iowa; married Renee High, having one
child Tyler W. Robbins, later divorced, re-married to Martha Lorene Bryan
(born 25 April 1955 in Hannibal, Missouri)
- Renee Lynn High, born 5 March 1959 in Iowa City, Iowa; married Thomas G. Robbins, having one
child Tyler W. Robbins, later divorced and re-married. Renee requests that her family data not be displayed on the internet,
but it is available privately.
- Diana Marie McFarland, born 19 October 1986 in Madison General Hospital
on South Park St., attended Wingra Elementary and graduated from Edgewood High School
in Madison in June 2004. An avid gymnast in childhood.
Diana graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison
on 16 May 2009. Married Tyler Robbins on 30 May 2009.
Videos available (CD only)
- Justin Ross Ward, born 28 November 1982 in Columbus, Wisconsin.
In November 2005, employed (in November 2005) at Culvers Frozen Custard in Madison, Wisconsin, but Justin
has not contacted Diana McFarland since that date. Justin has brown eyes.
- Tyler William Robbins, born 24 March 1981 in Iowa Falls, Iowa;
graduated with MFA from UW-Madison in May 2009, married Diana McFarland on 30 May 2009
- Jesse Landis McFarland-Ward, born 6 PM on
16 June 2004 at St Mary's hospital, Madison, Wisconsin. Jesse's top skull seam was
prematurely fused at birth (sagittal synostosis) and on 3 January 2005 he had an
operation to re-open this seam. The operation went well, but
he retains a narrow scar across
the top of his head, which could not be seen after his hair grew out. The
operation was entirely cosmetic, to avoid an unusual skull shape later in life, and had
no effect upon his brain functions or personality. About one in 2000 children has this
operation in 2005, and in 95% of these, there is no genetic basis.
- Lynn Robbins, born 13 March 2002, a twin
- Jake Robbins, born 13 March 2002, a twin
- Amelia Madeleine Robbins, born at St. Mary's Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin, at 9:58 PM on
Thursday 26 August 2010, 7 pounds 9 ounces, 19 inches long. Delivery was normal.