Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 600x800 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- William Weir, born 1798, died 1880. Known from his photograph
- Almina Sherman, born 1812, died 1865. Known from her photograph
- Maria Vermilye, born 19 Dec 1852 (from her Sandwich obituary and death certificate); the 1880
census states she was 26 years old at the time, which is one year younger. Maria married
Thomas Andrew Weir on 18 May 1883, having one child Glendon V. Weir. Maria
died in Sandwich, Illinois on 3 February 1930
and is buried at Oak Ridge Cemetery there.
- Thomas Andrew Weir, born 1841 in New York, died 1916 (dates from Thomas C. Weir).
Records for Oak Ridge Cemetery in Sandwich, Illinois (DeKalb County) state that Thomas A. Weir was born
5 October 1841 and died 29 January 1919, buried at Oak Ridge.
- Glendon Vermilye Weir, born 23 December 1897 in Sandwich, Illinois ; married Eleanor Hoge.
He was a banker. This couple had 3 sons (Glendon H., Thomas C., and Samuel V.), but later divorced. Social Security death index
states that Glendon Weir died January 1982 near Tucson, Arizona
- Eleanor Hoge, born 3 February 1906, having 3 sons. Eleanor died in Anaheim, California on 5 January 1989
- Glendon Hoge Weir, born in Sandwich, Illinois on 16 November 1930, first married in Nice, France, on
4 September 1953 to Denise Monique Calloustian (having 2 sons, Curtis and Eric), later divorced and remarried to
Fannie Mae Springfield, having one daughter Stephanie Springfield Weir. Glendon H. was a conductor
in the U.S. Navy band (retiring after 23 years), and taught anthropology at Texas A & M
- Denise Monique Calloustian, no data, probably born in France
- Fannie Mae Springfield, born 21 November 1935, married to Glendon Hoge Weir on 22 April 1966, having
one daughter Stephanie Springfield Weir
- Curtis Charles Pierre Weir, born 16 May 1958 in Nice, France, later changed his name to
Curtis Charles Pierre Generous due to a family dispute. Curtis married Lou Ann X., having 3 children
(Brenden, Christophe, and Danielle), living near Washington, D.C. in 2004
- Eric Yves Jacques Weir, born 15 May 1960, later changed his name to
Eric Yves Jacques Generous due to a family dispute. Eric has married, having 4 children
(Nicholas, William, Alexandra, and Ian), later divorced and living near Washington, D.C. in 2004
- Stephanie Springfield Weir, born 1 April 1968, not married, no children
- Thomas Charles Weir, born 1933, married 4 times but no children, died 5 February 2003. He was a banker in Arizona.
A long obituary is available. Thomas C. Weir kept an old family photo album similar to
the Potter album.
- Samuel Vermilye Weir. Born 30 May 1936 in Freeport, married in 1967 to Penny S. Kline;
Samuel adopted Tracy S. Weir (Kline), Penny's daughter by an earlier marriage. Penny died in 1979, and Samuel
re-married to Joan A. Duplessis in 1981 (Joan born 3 Feb 1941 in British Columbia. Sam and Joan have no children
together, but Joan has one surviving daughter (Tammie) and 4 grandchildren by an earlier marriage. Samuel Weir is a
retired lawyer in California
- Tracy S. Weir, married with 3 children: Brandy, Summer, and Blake,
Information on the Weir family comes from Stephanie Weir via email on 21 February 2004.
It is likely that much more information on the above people will become available.
Weir family website maintained by Sandra Vermilye Todd