Above diagram best viewed if monitor displays 1024x768 pixels with medium text size
Click on blue names to move through family trees above.
Personal Information and photo links below :
- Edward Risdon, lived in England, married a Joan Torrington
and had a son George born 13 June 1807. Information on the early Risdon family
gleaned by Barbara Johnson and from Jennifer Topham in England,
who writes (in part) :
George Risdon married Jane Harris in Taunton on 10 January 1831
at St Mary's Church, before they moved eastwards across England.
George was the son of Edward Risdon and his wife Joan nee TORRINGTON.
I have been able to take the family back to the baptisms of Philip and
Rebecca RISDON who married circa 1715. Philip left a wonderful will
as did many of the family. These wills gave me so much
information that it seemed a pity not to try and trace all the
descendants of Philip and Rebecca. So far, I have had a lot of luck and
have about 1500 people on the tree with most lines being well into the
- Morgan W. Burdick, born 12 May 1813; the family name originally from
England, our branch immigrating to Pennsylvania and then to the Town of Lake (now part of Milwaukee).
Morgan died there in 1886. See the Burdick book.
- Olive B. Patterson, born 1 Dec 1817 in Pottsdam, NY; died 7 March 1911
Obituary. Olive had at least one brother D.W. Patterson
- George Risdon, born in England on June 13, 1807; married Jane Harris and had
4 children, Jemima (born 30 Nov 1838, shown below), Henrietta, and 2 boys
- Jane (Harris) Risdon, married George Risdon and
lived in America at least later in life. See notes from Barbara Johnson.
- George Bradford Burdick, born 27 Sept 1838 (Burdick Book) married
Jemima Jane Risdon on 4 July 1864
while on furlough from civil war. see details ?" died 1920, buried in the Army cemetery, Wood, Wisconsin (Milwaukee)
- Jemima Jane Risdon, born 30 Nov 1838 in Romsey, Hampshire,
England; married 4 July 1865, died 1936, buried at Arlington Cemetery, Milwaukee. The Risdon family is being researched by
Barbara Johnson, granddaughter of Eileen McFarland. See Alberta Horan record.
See Jemima's death certificate
- Florence E., born 12 April 1865, married
George B. Sims and had 2 children (George Sims Jr. and Gladys Burdick).
(From Wis. Hist. Soc. website, Florence's wedding on 12 Apr 1887 in Milwaukee Co.)
- Olive G., born 10 May 1868, married Emil Larson, having 5 children (Esther, Alice, Eva,
Elmer, and Carol, according to Katherine Burdick Murphy);
in another account by Alberta Horan, there were 4 children (Esther, Alice, Eva, and Emil Jr).
(From Wis. Hist. Soc. website, Olive's wedding on 15 May 1889 in Milwaukee Co.)
- Fred E., born 23 Sep 1869, never married (by one account) or no information (by a second account)
- Frank E., born 29 Sept 1872 (Burdick book says 1871), married Margaret (Maggie) Ortcheid and
had children Edward, Agnes, and Florence; by the account of
Alberta McFarland Horan, Agnes married Irving McKinlay with children Irene (died at age
16), Vern (died in WW2), and
Mildred (who married a Morley Madden). Florence married Art White.
- Samuel Wright Burdick, born 23 September 1873, married 24 Sept 1910 to Katherine Ingwersen having 4
children: Agnes Elizabeth (Bess), Katherine Jane, Hugh, Marguerite, and Sam Jr.;
- Charles Risdon Burdick, born 10 August 1875, married Ida X. with 2 daughters (Gladys and Ida)
- Sarah Frances Burdick, born 25 July 1880 in Milwaukee, married 30 Nov 1905 to Thos. A.
McFarland in Milwaukee, had 4 children (Thomas ;
Eugene ; Eileen, and
Alberta). Sara died in Oakland on 20 Feb 1957 (alt 17 Feb)
- Ellen Marion Burdick (or Nell or Nellie), born 10 Nov 1884, never married but raised
Sara's daughter Eileen, who denied her connection to this
family after about 1941. Alberta Horan comments on this story. Nell was
a compulsive gambler, which caused her financial hardship.
- George Walter Burdick, born 13 October 1887, married Dessa E. Jennings (b Feb 1881) with children Georgina (1904-1965)
and Tennys (=Tennis, 1906-1967); Georgina apparently married Warren X. (or Mr. Warren ?)
and had a son Robert. (From Wis. Hist. Soc. website, George's wedding on 19 Mar 1900 in Milwaukee Co.)
Refer to a list of birth dates written by Katherine (Burdick) Murphy
; also see The Burdick Book and Risdon census data.
Much recent information on the Burdick families contributed by Alberta Horan of Great Falls, Montana.
Information on the Risdon family in England is courtesy of Jennifer Topham.